Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits are the tastiest garlic cheese biscuits served up! I know my family and I enjoy them dearly. Now learn to re-create this great side at home.
The problem with making biscuits using a baking mix is the shortening that is included in the mix. We will use some cold butter along with grated cheddar cheese and a small amount of garlic powder. You will end up with a very fluffy & flakey treat!
I want to remind everyone how much I enjoy going out to dinner with my family but now that I have been able to master my favorite restaurant recipes, we never go out anymore! Now I 'm called the "Chef in the Kitchen" in my home.  I hope that your results will keep you at home, eating with your family and saving some money...now if I can just get someone to help me with the dishes!
Ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups of Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cup of cold whole milk
- 4 tablespoons of cold butter (1/2 stick)
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 heaping cup of grated cheddar cheese
Garlic Butter Topper:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
pinch salt
Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine baking mix of choice with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You do not want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon of garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but do not over mix.
3. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough balls and place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. To prepare the garlic butter, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl. Stir in ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Should makes one dozen biscuits depending on size.

At TheUpScaleKitchen we are always searching for new recipes, places to visit and tips to share.  Some recipes are from our family some we find while researching topics for our blog.  We want to hear about your experiences please leave your comments below.  What is your family's favorite biscuits? Also like us on FaceBook and follow us on twitter.

Comments