Breakfast Any One

Breakfast Any One
According to the experts breakfast is the most important meal of the day. From Web MD Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day. It also gives you the energy you need to get things done and helps you focus at work or at school.  Skipping the morning meal can throw off your body’s rhythm of fasting and eating. When you wake up, the blood sugar your body needs to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. Breakfast helps replenish it.  If your body doesn’t get that fuel from food, you may feel zapped of energy -- and you'll be more likely to overeat later in the day. 
I usually cook an egg over easy (making sure the white is cooked) a few potatoes diced and sausage or ham.  Every now and then I make an omelet or scrambled eggs.  A few months ago I shared a recipe from Bon Appetit “How to Make the Absolute Best Scrambled Eggs Ever”.  We made this recipe for about 100 members of our church for a special 100 birthday breakfast and it was fabulous!   My version of the best breakfast is simple, I start with a thin piece of sausage and about a half of a red potato diced in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.  I cook this on low heat because I usually read my emails and check the market while this is cooking.   I love multi tasking!  After about 10 minutes I’m ready for my second cup of coffee and finish cooking my breakfast.  Turn up the heat a little and add the egg.  It’s best to cook eggs over low heat that way the white is cooked but tender and the yoke is perfect.   What is your favorite breakfast?  Leave your comments below.

TheUpScaleKitchen is open for business visit TheUpScaleKitchen for a complete line of fry pans


Comments